Boat Insurance Baton Rouge
At The Brignac Group we teamed up with a number of insurance carriers that have been insuring watercraft boat insurance Baton Rouge for more than 25 years. Our carriers provide a comprehensive boat insurance Baton Rouge program with specialized coverages available at very competitive prices. Whether you own a fishing boat, runabout, personal watercraft and even boats up to 50 feet or more in length, we can help. At The Brignac Group, we’re the final piece to your watercraft boat insurance Baton Rouge puzzle.
What does Boat insurance Baton Rouge cover?
It is important to remember that all boat insurance Baton Rouge companies may have different policy terms and conditions. You may find them to be similar; it is the slight variation that can make the difference between good coverage or excellent coverage. Let us find the best insurance carrier that fits your coverage desires. Here’s more about what watercraft boat insurance Baton Rouge covers below:
- Boat Liability – (Protection & Indemnity) – Coverage provides protection if you are legally responsible for damages to property or injury to someone other than yourself or a family member. Liability provides protection if you are sued as a result of hitting another boat, or if someone is hurt onboard your vessel because of your negligence.
- Medical Payments – Coverage provides protection for reasonable medical, ambulance and hospital costs should someone be injured while in, upon, boarding or leaving your boat.
- Uninsured Boat Owners Coverage – Policy provides coverage for injuries caused by an accident that you are entitled to recover from the owner or operator of another boat and the other party is uninsured. Or even a “hit-and-run” boat.
- Physical Damage – Policy provides coverage to repair your boat if it’s damaged or destroyed by a covered peril such as collision, fire, theft, windstorm, lightning or vandalism. This coverage is broad and provides coverage for the boat, including its machinery and auxiliary equipment, outboard motors, boat trailer and personal property.
- Towing – Coverage enables you to be reimbursed for the reasonable costs incurred when you break down at sea and need a commercial tow to port.
The policy can provide physical damage coverage on an Actual Cash Value (ACV) or an Agreed Amount Value basis. Both offer important coverages for your boat, but there are significant differences. Actual Cash Value policies pay for Replacement Cost less depreciation at the time of the loss. In the event of a total loss, used boat pricing guides and other resources are used to determine the approximate market value of your vessel. A partial loss is settled by taking the total cost of the repair less a percentage for depreciation. With Agreed Amount Value policies, you and the insurance company have agreed on the value of your vessel, and in the event of a total loss, you are paid that amount. Agreed Amount Value policies also replace old items for new in the case of a partial loss without any deduction for depreciation. This “without any deduction for depreciation” is per each company’s policy terms and conditions. Most do have some items that are subject to depreciation, such as sails, protective covers, batteries, dinghies, trailers and aged outboard motors, and outdrives.
Specialized boat insurance Baton Rouge coverages
- Total Loss Replacement – replaces your boat with a brand new one of similar make and quality
- Disappearing Deductible – reduced the deductible each claim free renewal
- Replacement Cost Fishing Equipment – replaces tackle, rods, and reels
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects – protects your personal items including cameras, clothing, cell phones, etc.
- 24-hour Roadside Assistance – covers trailer and tow vehicle
- Emergency Towing and Labor – provides on-water towing service
* Coverages may vary by carrier and by optional coverages chosen.
24/7 Claims and Customer Service
Our carriers understand the importance of claims and customer service while you are out on the water. You can access your policy information 24/7 via the carrier website or by calling the company claims hotline 24/7.